Pastoral Care Skill Building Study Group for Clergy
Days/Times 1:30-3:30 First Wednesdays of each month Sept 4, Oct. 2, Nov. 6., Dec. 4
2:00-4:00 p.m. Second Tuesdays of each month Oct. 8, Nov. 12, Dec. 10, Jan. 14th
Instructor The Rev. Dr. Lynn Acquafondata, is licensed mental health counselor in private practice in Rochester, NY, and owner of Congremap: Congregational Systems Consulting. She has served congregations and has worked as a hospice and hospital chaplain.
Participants: For clergy of any faith. Group will not exceed six people per session.
Location: On-line by Zoom. AND in person at Crossbridge Wellness Affiliates, 2000 S.
Winton Rd. Building 4, First Floor. Rochester, NY.
Topics: Topics include, but not limited to:
- Boundary setting
- The Benefits and Drawbacks of Emotional Triangles
- Managing Personal Stress and Reactivity in Order to be Fully Present
- Listening Skills
- Levels of Listening
- Using Questions Effectively in Pastoral Care
- Thinking Systemically
- Self-Differentiation (for self and encouraging in others)
- Identifying and Managing Anxiety in Self and Others
- Healthy Communication: Conflict Resolution
- When to Refer. Understanding the Difference between pastoral care, pastoral counseling
and spiritual direction
Monthly topics will be chosen based on the needs and interest of the participants each month. ,
Format: First hour: Instruction, skill building and facilitated discussion around specific teachings.
Second hour: Seminar format in which clergy describe situations in their own congregation they want guidance on.. Clergy will keep identifies of congregants private to the best of their ability and group will adhere to strict confidentiality.
Cost: $50 per session.
$175 for all four. (If registered by Aug. 18th.)
Continuing education certificates available on request.
Contact Rev. Dr. Lynn at 585-330-1340 [email protected]
On-line Platform Details: The on-line meeting platform Secure Video is HIPPA compliant which means it will protect your privacy during confidential discussions.