Effective Leadership Workshops Days are an opportunity for clergy and lay leaders of any faith to learn, reflect and share across religious divides as we enhance skills and strengthen leadership together.
When we set aside time to personally and spiritually strengthen ourselves we are better able to serve others. These study days are for clergy and lay-leaders who serve in all capacities in congregations.
Leadership Days are led by Rev. Dr. Lynn Acquafondata, a licensed mental health counselor with The Pastoral Counseling and Family Therapy Group and founder of Congremap: Congregational Systems Consulting.
Jan. 12th: Grief Issues and Leadership Completed
- Learn to recognize typical grief patterns and how they affect functioning.
- Learn techniques to minister to those who are grieving.
- Learn how to process one’s own grief effectively while ministering to others.
March 9th: Managing Anxiety in Congregations
- Learn the signs of congregational anxiety and tools to manage that anxiety.
- Learn ways to manage anxiety in self.
Draws on the work of family and congregational systems theorists as well as Rev. Lynn’s own models.
May 4th: Communication and Conflict Resolution in the Congregation
- Learn models of effective communication.
- Learn strategies for managing difficult relationships.
- Explore how power dynamics affect communication.
- Explore the dynamics of setting boundaries.
Cost: $75 per congregation plus $10 per person
Location: 1010 East Ave next to Asbury First United Methodist Church (red brick building)
Schedule: 9:30 to 2:30 with 45 minute lunch-break for building connections. Bring your own lunch. Coffee and tea provided. Refrigerator available.
Registration: Register here.
Questions: Contact Rev. Lynn at 585-330-1340 or [email protected]
Special Deal: Any congregation sending one person to multiple workshops or three or more people to one workshop may choose one free workshop of your choice to be presented at your facility ($100-$150 value).